Scripts and Meanings

Television

We go to television for entertainment on a daily basis... hourly for some. 
But rarely do we go expecting a form of life lesson that can honestly make an affect on your life. I refer to a dialogue on the Series "House" which we've probably all seen but have skimmed past. I've quoted it below:

"S: It must be miserable, always assuming the worst in people.
H: Cut the crap, you're dying.
S:  You're clever, you're witty, and you are a coward. You're scared of taking chances.
H: I take chances all the time, it's one of my worst qualities.
S: On people?
H: Wanting to believe the best about people doesn't make it true.
S: Being afraid of people doesn't make it false.
H: Wow that's very moving, it's a shame I don't vote.

S: This is who I am. I believe in people. I'm not deeply cynical and I don't make easy snide remarks. I'd rather think that people are good ~ and be disappointed once and again."

Admittedly in writing this, I've recently gone through what any person does; a bit of a spat with people, and I've asked myself is it worth it. Is it worth the trouble; and why, seeing as how easy it would be to just dispose of someone in the vast world we live in. And we really don't have to look past positive memories to know that without certain people... we would have a large chunk of our lives missing. Whether they were there for you when disaster struck, or when they put a smile on your face when you thought nothing could.

I believe that timing is important in everything. So for this dialogue to happen on TV as and when it did, really did make me realise how important it is to believe in people. Always. And Regardless.
The best part of being human is that we are all identical to each other in having one quality... being completely different from one another; how's that for a paradox. In any difference there's conflict, and in any conflict there is resolution. Even if it's tough, you can't live life without being surrounded by people. Like it or not - we're social creatures.

So the next time you feel you're going through something and you go to watch the TV... Attention to Detail. It'll pay off when you least expect it.

Alex Yagoub
Twitter -                 @ayagoub1
Instagram-             @alexmagooyag

Comments

Popular Posts